When you own a business, upgrades and improvements are something that must be worked into the budget. This includes the electrical system. No matter how well your building’s electrical system was originally done, you will eventually be faced with upgrades that need to be done. RG Electric offers a wide range of commercial electrical upgrades to help you improve your building and in turn, your business.
Signs You Need to Upgrade the Electrical Panel in Your Business
If the building that you are in is older, you are likely not able to support the electrical needs of your business any longer. Older systems were built with 60 to 120 amps and a few circuits to support the entire building. Before the digital age, this was plenty. Today, however, businesses need much more to safely operate. Even the smallest businesses need on average, 200 amps. Following are some of the main signs that will indicate that your building’s electrical system needs an update:
– Flickering Lights
– Equipment Shutdowns (for no reason)
– Overuse of Extension Cords
– Frequently Tripped Breakers
– Overheating Equipment
– Corrosion or Deterioration of Wiring Contacts
– Melted Wires or Wiring Insulation
Common Commercial Upgrades
In older buildings, there are several common upgrades that most buildings need. Following are the most common upgrades we see.
– Dedicated Circuits: This upgrade is for businesses that use computers, which is most business today. Having dedicated circuits that protect your electronics from dangerous power surges is a must. The experts at RG Electric will separate the areas of your business into a line of dedicated power circuits to safeguard your business.
– HVAC: The heating and air conditioning systems in your building require a large part of your electrical demands. Upgrading the thermostats to digital or smart technology will have a larger impact than you realize in the cost of operation. You will have much more control over the temperature as well.
– Code Compliance: Older wiring systems are likely breaking several electrical codes and should be upgraded for safety reasons. Without the electricians at RG Electric performing an inspection, it is hard to tell whether or not your building is violating any electrical codes. We will bring your building up to code and save you from the fines that the city will give.
– Capacity Upgrades: If your business is rapidly growing, you will find that you need to have your circuits upgraded. Our team of electricians will reconfigure your circuits to make room for the growth of your business.
Electrical Fixture Replacements & More in Agoura Hills, Chatsworth, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Encino & Greater Los Angeles, California
If your commercial building isn’t getting the electrical upgrades needed, it will do a lot more than hinder operation. You could be at large risk of an electrical fire. At RG Electric, we know better than anyone how important it is to have the commercial upgrades needed to safely operate. You can count on cost effective, efficient electrical services every time you choose us to handle your commercial upgrades. Call us today!